Wednesday, October 7, 2009

What a day. One for the (to be trashed and burned) recordbooks.

I've been sitting at my desk, laughing consistently for the past twenty minutes. I know I tend to over-dramatize things at times, but it really has been twenty minutes. And it really has been consistent. And I'm sure inquiring minds are dying to know... 


If you know me well enough or if you have gotten to know me at all in the past 3-4 years, then you will know what today is. Does October 7th ring a bell? Anyone? Yeah, barely does to me either. I have to dig really deep, into my stash of very distant and vague memories to pull this one out. And even after all that, I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around it. It's been three years since I entered the world of marital (non)bliss and two years (to the day, people - to the day) since I legally exited that same world. I suppose God has a sense of humor, making my divorce final *to the day* and all..... thanks, Big Man. I think about HOW MUCH my outlook has changed since then, how it seems like lifetimes ago. I am so different now, much stronger in some ways and in other ways, not as much. It doesn't change who you are, it just rearranges you a little bit. (I'm still laughing as I type this, is that even normal?!) 


My husband once told me... wait, now here is where it gets confusing. You see, I have a husband. Currently. Maybe not legally, but kinda? I mean, we got married at Illinois Creek on Lake Allatoona over the summer (pretty much like the "Cocktail Cove" of Allatoona, for you rookies). It probably isn't legit, I can understand that - the marriage has never been consummated (Sorry to call you out, D) and I "married" one of my closest friends. But I love what we "have" and all jokes aside, it's the best marriage I've ever been a part of. What some people may not understand is that my friends and I do it up BIG. Never a dull moment with us and that's how we like it. What do we do if we're bored? We plan a wedding on the lake, of course. Or devise a plan to merge drinking with Olympic sports, hence the "AlcOlympics 2009" which also occured on the 'Toona. See below.



Waiting on my Groom, Best Man and Bling in tow









 Hubs and I - Post Wedding


 



 One Half of our insanely kick-ass team for AlcOlympics 2009


 



Just a glimpse into the madness....


 



 AlcO Gals


 



AlcO Guys


Wow. That was a tangent I totally had no intentions of going off on. I kinda liked it. ANYWAY.... back to the matter at hand. October 7th. Like my husband tells me, "People who expect nothing but the best for themselves, very often get it." And so you have it. I expect the best and although I haven't quite gotten it (yet), I'm still patiently waiting. Three years and many moons later, I'm still waiting. Sometimes the "best" of life doesn't even have to do with a marriage. Sometimes, plain old boring life really is that good. Looking back (and still giggling) I think.... October 7th. Of 2006? A fairly good day that, in the long run, ended up bad. Of 2007? A fairly bad day that ended up being good. Of 2009? Best October 7th of my life, thus far.

0 comments: