Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Pneumonia & New Opportunities

Sorry for the mini-hiatus, folks. I've had a few events occur over the last week or so, some pleasant and some miserable. Most importantly, my boys pulled off another win this year down in Jacksonville (Goooooo Gators!) and I was reminded again why I love Tebow, Urban, Sturgis, the entire UF athletic department and college football in general. Unfortunately, I had to watch this game from the perils of my bed while sipping on chamomille tea, using an inhaler and eating some incredibly disgusting antibiotics by the handful. Walking pneumonia + bronchitis = one sick little lady. Gotta give a shout out to my nurses who took care of me, you know who you are and I owe you a drink (or 12) when I'm back in commision. 

On another note, I received a really kickass opportunity to get my name out to the public. My good friend, Chris Foster, offered me a weekly column writing for www.georgia.com. It will be published every Monday, so do the math... that's FOUR columns a week I'll be writing. FOUR. On some days it seems overwhelming and on other days it seems like a no-brainer. I find it pretty easy to write once I know what I'm writing about... it's coming up with a topic that people actually want to read about that's the hard part. My first column will be published sometime this week. Georgia.com is in the process of transitioning to a new website, so they are a little behind. We've gone back and forth with a few picture logos (Chris is amazing at this stuff, mad props to him... he said he could even make me look TAN. Do you know how excited I was about this?!). He orginally created an awesome one for me but I felt a little "stripper-ish" in my picture and lord knows we can't be havin' people know my real profession, so we settled on the one below.... not so risque. Check in every now and again to see if the column is up - and give me your feedback, people! Of course I want to know if you loved it, if you hated it, what you liked, what you disliked, if I need to kick your ass or kiss it, etc...

Look for this logo ;)



I apologize for the lack of smart-ass remarks or whitty comebacks, my mind and body have yet to catch up after such a blow. I'll be back in working order next time, promise!

0 comments: