Thursday, November 19, 2009

Hi, I'm Jessica Hamm. Nice to meet you.

So, I've been introduced to this television show. And my soul mate, but we'll get to that part later. I'm not much of a television viewer... meaning I don't have any particular shows I follow on a regular basis. If I've got the remote, it's usually on some shitty reality show, or Food Network, or Real HouseHoes, or 48 Hours Mystery. I just can't seem to find a show that I love enough to follow week to week. Until now. I didn't fall into the whole 'Grey's Anatomy' trend, I'm not into House or Nip/Tuck or any of that made up crap (This is how I justify what I DO watch... I watch REALITY television. Real stuff, people. None of that drama fiction bullshit, because we all know reality television doesn't involve drama). What show, you ask, has detoured me from my comfortable spot in front of Diners, Drive-In's and Dives? Mad Men. Seriously, it's making me MAD (and by that I mean crazy, like in a good way type of mad. Okay, maybe that was a stupid pun... I take it back). This show just concluded it's third season and I am hooked. Come to find out, I'm not the only one who watches this - apparently, it's got a pretty big following. This may have something to do with the fact that it stars Jon Hamm, a.k.a, Don Draper, a.k.a. my Soul Mate. He is heavenly, ladies. One episode and he's got you, hook, line and sinker. But don't get too attached. He's spoken for - by me. Side Note: Shout out to EB and my mother for introducing me to this program and loving it as much as I do, although I'm pretty sure EB doesn't drool over Don like Mom and I do. ****Spoiler Alert**** Is it weird that I actually got excited when (in the show) Don Draper's wife left him?! Crazy bitch.


Start your day off right every morning like I do... watch this little gem a time or two and all is well in the world. Click on this link and skip to the 21 second mark. It's a Mizzou football commercial (yes, he attended the University of Missouri. I don't judge him for that and you shouldn't, either), but who really cares? I mean, are you really considering that school anyways? 


Mr. Hamm-Brown (God, that sounds so good yet so bad together) has now entered my top 5 list. My "Get Out Of Jail Free" list, if you will... meaning, if ever in my life I am presented with the opportunity to have any sort of contact with these 5 people then I'm grasping it with both hands, putting it in a choke hold and dragging it back to my cave - the opportunity, not the person; well, maybe the person too. Single or dating or engaged or married for 25 years, I'm taking it. And I would expect my significant other to do the same if Jennifer Aniston threw herself on him. On second thought, he may have to fight me for her.


My list is as follows:


Kevin Costner 
David Nail 
Jon Hamm
Tim Tebow
Ryan Reynolds


Yes, I understand Kevin Costner is twice my age.... like I EVEN care about that. David Nail, you ask? An up and coming country singer (does the song "Red Light" ring any bells?)... watch his video and I won't have to explain any further. Jon Hamm is a given, as is Ryan Reynolds. Tebow? I mean, do I really have to ellaborate? That boy walks on water if you ask me (and Urban) andI'm perfectly fine with taking a backseat to him. Of course, if he was in the backseat with me that'd be better...  



0 comments: